Your recreational vehicle needs to be insured, but choose your policy wisely. You should also bear in mind that your trailer may not be covered by comprehensive insurance if it fails
to comply with legislation, or if its ATM exceeds your vehicle’s towing capacity, the Gross Combination Mass (GCM) is exceeded or if it is unroadworthy or overloaded.
When shopping around for a policy, consider the following:
- Is the policy premium competitive?
- Is the policy an Agreed Value or a Market Value policy?
- Does the policy include the annex and accessories such as air-conditioners?
- Does the policy cover personal contents?
- Is comprehensive flood cover included?
- ARe there geographical restrictions?